*If the RFQ is needed in another language, Vendors should contact Jeanne.
Request for Quotes (RFQ) for Smart Commute's Electric Bike (eBike) Program
Smart Commute (“SC”) is requesting Quotes from Vendors to supply twenty-five (25) eBikes and Accessory Kits (“purchases or equipment”), and Services in support of an eBike Program (“Program”) for low-income residents (“participants”) in Adams and Broomfield counties.
- For questions about the RFQ, please submit no later than 3 p.m. on November 7, 2022, and include “eBike Quote Vendor Question” in the subject line. All Vendor questions will be anonymously posted along with Smart Commute’s responses here on this webpage by 5 p.m. on November 9, 2022.
- To submit a Quote, please submit by 5 p.m. on November 11, 2022, and include “Vendor eBike Program Quote” in the subject line. Smart Commute will send a confirmation email that we receive your quote within 24-hours.
RFQ Questions and Answers
We received two questions about the RFQ from respondents. Answers are below.
Date of Inquiry: 11/3/2022. Date of Response: 11/8/2022.
This week, we have received more than 20 requests for test rides from our Colorado, but currently we have no store partner, dealer, or some partnership organizations. In addition, it's the perfect time to enjoy the best pricing now. If you'd like to cooperate with us, we're open to discuss further with you. Before I provide Smart Commute the pricing and fill in the RFQ, considering commercial confidentiality, can we sign a non-disclosure agreement first? I look forward to hearing from you.
Date of Inquiry: 11/4/2022. Date of Response: 11/9/2022.
Important Definitions & Clarifications
- “Vendor” means bike shop that Smart Commute will contract with to provide eBikes and basic accessories (equipment).
- “eBike deployment” is when a group of participants are trained and pick-up their equipment.
- “Services” mean trainings, eBike safety checks, and tune-ups.
- “Training” means the vendor will show participants how to use the equipment and review basic bike safety, and rules of the road.
- “Safety Checks” refer to already deployed Phase-II Participants who will be invited to all subsequent trainings for the vendor to perform free safety checks on their eBikes and to ask Program follow-up questions regarding, but not limited to, bike operations, safety, rules of the road, etc.
Special Notes and Requirements
- The Regional Transportation District (RTD) is helping to fund the eBike Program and requires vendors to carry commercial general liability insurance (CGLI) and add the Regional Transportation District and Smart Commute Metro North to your CGLI insurance policy.
- Smart Commute anticipates at least five (5) eBike participants to deploy before the end of 2022 and that all 25 eBikes will deploy by the Spring of 2023. Quotes for all equipment shall be good through April 30th, 2023, and Service prices honored through September 2023.
- Vendor must be able to provide a net ninety (90) days payment for each invoice.
- Communications: All communications are handled through email to Jeanne Shreve, Smart Commute eBikes Program Manager at email@example.com | 720.263.0106.
NOTE: Vendors may only contact Jeanne by phone if an email confirmation is not received.